The Integrated Engineering intake manifold for Transverse VW / Audi 1.8T engines has been engineered to provide market leading performance and features. Each aspect of this manifold was carefully tweaked and optimized by our engineers by using the latest in Computer Flow Dynamics (CFD) software. The design work was followed by an extensive round of testing on our in house Superflow engine dynamometer. The result of this extensive research and development is quite simply the most advanced, refined intake manifold the VW / Audi community has ever seen.
This manifold has a feature set which is truly unique. It is a modular design with a symmetrical plenum that allows placement of the throttle body on either driver or passenger side. The plenum itself has been very carefully optimized to distribute airflow evenly to all 4 cylinders regardless of the loading conditions. The plenum has been generously sized to ensure maximum cylinder charge at high RPM. Featuring an aggressively sized 48mm inside diameter, the lower manifold section is tuned for medium to high RPM power. Carefully designed and flow tested velocity stacks deliver more air to the cylinder than any other manifold on the market.
Impeccable execution ensures that this manifold can actually deliver. Each manifold is cast, machined, inspected and packed all in the USA by a major OE supplier. The manifolds are cast from a special self aging, self hardening alloy with especially strict requirements for chemical composition. Top of the line Japanese machining centers machine all major surfaces of the parts in one setup, ensuring perfect fit, finish, and maximum value.
- Tuned for excellent mid range and top end power
- Optimized bellmouth inlets create maximum power at all RPM ranges
- Modular design allows throttle placement on either driver or passenger side
- Thick wall cast construction for durability
- 100% engineered, designed, & cast in USA
- Plenum to lower manifold gasket
- Plenum to lower manifold install hardware
- Lower manifold runners to cylinder head gasket
- Throttle adapter (if needed for your application)
You can now purchase this item from our new ONLINE SHOP! Or give us a call at the shop and we would be happy to take your order!