The Redline Speed Worx (RSW) Service Team recently had the opportunity to complete the installation of Milltek's newly released CAN Controlled Valved Audi B8 / B8.5 S4 3.0T exhaust system.
Interested in this system for your late model Audi? Contact our Service Team today!
What is ValveSonic?
The latest innovation from Milltek Sport is ValveSonic, a revolutionary system that combines Milltek’s extensive knowledge and 31 years of performance exhaust design and manufacturing with cutting edge technology to create a new level of performance and sound.
ValveSonic is available for a range of modern high-performance vehicles that come from the factory without valve-controlled exhaust systems. Milltek Sport creates for these cars a system that draws on the latest generation "OE" spec technology of electronic actuators, or valves, and combines this with its own electronic control unit to provide a limitless configuration of options to suit all types of owners’ preferences and requirements – regardless of how demanding they may be.
Nardo Grey Audi B8.5 S4 is receiving a Milltek Sport Valve Sonic Exhaust System this afternoon with Titanium Exhaust Tips!
Choose how you want your exhaust to sound: full-bore race soundtrack or refined and relaxed cruiser - with ValveSonic it's your choice...
The Milltek Sport ValveSonic ECU interfaces with the vehicle via the CAN-BUS network to enable it to monitor a vast range of parameters like vehicle speed, RPM, gear selected and more to automatically control the operation of the electronic valves located in the rear silencers. The ECU also enables the Milltek Sport installer to customise or remap the unit to suit the owners’ preference.
For example, they may choose a higher or lower RPM opening-point based on their driving style or typical motorway cruising speed. In addition, the system provides a "Sport" button to enable the valves to be opened at any time to override the automatic controls build into the ECU – giving an extra dimension of ultimate control. Milltek Sport has an enviable reputation for quality and durability which, owing to extensive R&D, is carried over to the ValveSonic range. As with the regular Milltek Sport range,
ValveSonic exhausts are made entirely from T304 grade non-magnetic stainless steel and the systems all being designed, developed and manufactured in the company’s own development centre in Derbyshire, England.
Key Advantages of ValveSonic
- "OE" level of integration into the vehicles electronics to enable fast response and endless configuration options.
- Complete "Plug and Play" kit that does not require any cutting or modification to the vehicle’s wiring loom
Milltek's CAN controlled exhaust valve integrated into the muffler assembly.
ValveSonic products are currently available for the following vehicles:
- Audi RS6 C7 4.0 TFSI biturbo quattro (2013 and later)
- Audi RS7 Sportback 4.0 V8 TFSI biturbo (2013 and later)
- Audi S4 3.0 Supercharged V6 B8 (2009 to 2012)
- Audi S4 3.0 Supercharged V6 B8.5 (2012 and later)
- Audi S5 Coupé 4.2 V8 quattro (Manual and Auto) (2007 to 2011)
- Audi S5 Coupé and Cabriolet 3.0TFSI quattro S tronic B8 (2009 to 2011)
- Audi S5 Sportback 3.0 TFSI quattro (2010 to 2011)
- Audi S5 Coupé and Cabriolet 3.0 TFSI B8.5 (2011 and later)
- Audi S6 4.0 TFSI C7 quattro (2012 and later)
- Audi S7 Sportback 4.0 TFSI quattro S tronic (2012 and later)