A StopTech® Big Brake Kit represents the ultimate high performance brake upgrades and gives vehicles that supercar look and feel.
Please take a moment to view our extensive STOPTECH Brake System in our new ONLINE SHOP !
StopTech® Big Brake Kits exceed stock performance in two key areas: First, larger rotors increase heat capacity, allowing a driver to brake harder stop-after-stop with reduced chance of fade. Second, stiffer calipers and stainless steel lines reduce system compliance, providing consistent pedal feel and confidence-inspiring responsiveness
The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting a vehicle's stock front-to-rear brake torque ratio. That is why StopTech® developed the Balanced Brake Upgrade® design philosophy, which precisely apportions front and rear braking resources while factoring in vehicle weight transfer under braking.
In contrast, a brake upgrade that adds too much front torque (as many do), will reduce your car's ability to maximize the traction available from all four tires, robbing you of performance. In addition, a system that uses too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, limiting a driver's control of brake input.
Reasons for a StopTech® Big Brake Kit
- Balanced Brake Upgrades® with optimum brake bias offer the shortest stopping distance with the best pedal feel.
- Patented AeroRotors® offer the best airflow available for better cooling, less fade and longer rotor and pad life.
- StopTech® provides the stiffest fully-forged aftermarket calipers with patented, removable bridges that provide better clamping under hard braking and less pad taper.
- StopTech® Big Brake Kit components are made in the USA in a 70,000 square foot California manufacturing, engineering, and R&D center.
Choosing the correct StopTech® Big Brake Kit
StopTech® offers a number of different Balanced Big Brake Kits® for a variety of vehicle applications.
StopTech® Big Brake Kits offer superior street performance.
They feature fully forged calipers with patented stiffening bridges, patented 2-piece AeroRotors® for optimized cooling, braided stainless steel brake lines, performance brake pads, mounting brackets and all necessary hardware to complete the installation. StopTech® Big Brake Kits were the first Balanced Brake Upgrades® on the market, offering optimized brake bias to utilize all the traction available from all four tires.
Trophy Big Brake Kits
For ultimate track racing performance StopTech offers Trophy Race Big Brake Kits, with naturally anodized lightweight components designed to survive the rigors of racing. Trophy Kits feature fully forged, lightweight STR calipers, 2-piece AeroRotors®, braided stainless steel brake lines, mounting brackets and hardware. The MAX Float hardware allows for the greatest amount of float between the hat and rotor. These Trophy Race Kits are used on many of the top competitors in the SCCA Pro Pirelli World Challenge Championship as well as in Grand-Am and other race series.
Ultimate street performance is obtained with a
StopTech® Trophy Sport Big Brake Kit
The Trophy Sport Big Brake Kits are designed for street driven production vehicles and use the same STR calipers, AeroRotors® and AeroHats® as the Trophy Race Big Brake Kits, but add silicone dust boots to extend service intervals and anti-rattle rotor mounting hardware for quieter street operation. Trophy Sport Kits also include StopTech® Street Performance brake pads for high performance street and occasional track use. They are the ultimate street braking system.
Touring Big Brake Kits
StopTech® Touring Kits offer the best performance from a 1-piece rotor upgrade system. Designed for street driven production vehicles, Touring Kits include the same forged 2-piece calipers as the StopTech® Big Brake Kits, as well as StopTech® Stainless Steel Brake Lines, StopTech® Street Performance Brake Pads, application-specific caliper brackets and hardware. The difference is in the use of larger than stock 1-piece rotors, which offer the most value to those seeking better performance than their factory setup.
StopTech® Big Brake Kit Compnents
The Stiffest, Fully Forged 2-piece, Opposed Piston Calipers
StopTech® 2-piece calipers have the lowest amount of flex and deflection among 25 of the leading caliper models (including some monoblocks) from well-known manufacturers. This is accomplished using StopTech's® patented bolt-in bridge, which is strong enough to stop distortion without sacrificing cooling through the top of the caliper.
The standard StopTech® caliper finish is a glossy high temperature paint available in one of six different colors - red, black, silver, blue, yellow and gold. Trophy Sport and Trophy Race Big Brake Kits use weight-optimized STR calipers finished with a deep natural anodized coating that resists fading and discoloration at extreme temperatures.
Stiffer Calipers Offer:
- Less vibration
- Less Noise
- Better pedal feel under extreme braking conditions
- Faster braking response
- Less pad taper
StopTech® calipers are available in 6-piston, 4-piston and 2-piston configurations, depending on vehicle application.
Patented AeroRotors® and AeroHats® that offer up to 80% greater airflow
StopTech® has developed several design innovations to improve rotor airflow. The patented 2-piece AeroRotors push more air thanks to curved, airfoil-shaped vanes and an air channel that widens at the trailing edge of the vanes. StopTech aluminum AeroHats are lighter
, and feature directional stand-offs between the rotor and mounting hat that increase airflow to the (hotter) outside face of the rotor by over 15%.
Benefits of StopTech® AeroRotors® and AeroHats®:
- Specifically engineered and patented AeroVanes® for optimum cooling
- Optimized to provide even performance and consistent feedback
Hard Anodized 6061-T6 Billet aluminum Mounting Brackets with Stainless Steel Studs
Application-specific hardware that is stronger than most competitors, with studs instead of the more commonly used bolts and hard anodized aluminum billet composition.
- Hard anodized billet aluminum mounting brackets
- Stainless steel studs secured with set screws for strength and durability
- Fully machined aluminum or steel that is precise and strong
- Application specific design for precise and proper fitment
- All necessary hardware for easy installation
StopTech® Stainless Steel Brake Line Kits
Braided stainless steel lines reduce system compliance and improve brake pedal feel and modulation. StopTech's Stainless Steel Brake Lines are D.O.T. compliant and designed to fit your vehicle.
- Stainless steel braiding for lower compliance and extra protection
- Provides quicker response
- Firmer pedal feel
- A variety of fittings for hundreds of applications
- All necessary brackets and fasteners for easy installation
StopTech® Street Performance Brake Pads
StopTech® Street Performance Brake Pads are included in all Big Brake Kits besides the track-only Trophy Race Big Brake Kits. StopTech Street Performance Pads are intended for high performance street driving as well as light duty track use.
- Aggressive pad for high performance street driving
- Para-aramid composites provide linear response regardless of pad temperature
- 100% positive molded for uniform friction material density
- Low dust formulation is rotor friendly and leaves wheels cleaner
- Scorched to raise initial cold effectiveness and ease bed-in
- 100% Asbestos-free formulas